Friday, Jan 30 at 7:15pm
Film Showing and a talk by Dr. Neal Barnard
EATING -- 3rd Edition This is the new edition of the award-winning film by Mike Anderson that has been used in wellness clinics throughout the world to motivate people to change their diets and restore their health. The Rave Diet is a plant based diet that can dramatically reverse heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. This third edition includes new interviews with experts and the personal testimonials of remarkable recoveries. (90 mins)
Topics included in this film:
- Why following federal nutritional guidelines can cause
Facilitator: Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D. disease.
- Why the government promotes foods that shorten lives.
- Why almost everyone has cancer by the time they are fifty -- and do not know it.
- Why doctors treat symptoms of disease, not causes.
- Why our most deadly diseases were rare before 1900.
- Why most school-age children already have heart disease.
- Why there is no difference between white meat and dark meat.
- Why Americans are constipated, have weak bones, and are impotent.
- Why farm animal waste is standard fare in meat today.
- Why politicians are Americas dieticians.
- Why our eating habits are as lethal as smoking cigarettes.
Speaker: Dr. Neal Barnard is a clinical researcher who practices in Washington, DC and is the author of "Dr. Barnards Program of Reversing Diabetes". He is founder and president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) and president of The Cancer Project.
Date: Friday, Jan 30 at 7:15pm
Location: Studio for the Healing Arts, 1611 Colley Ave (2nd floor) one block north of Naro Cinema
Admission: $5 all seats
Host: Tench Phillips, Naro Cinema